Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dividend Stocks

When buying dividend stocks you need to make sure that the stocks are nice and consistent. You should always check out the history of the companies. Make sure that they have been around for a while and are something that you can depend on continuing to produce. Just looking at their dividend yield alone is a very bad way to approach income investing.

Make sure that the company is generating enough money to continue growing and continue to pay that dividend. Dividend stocks are very desirable and most investors look to them when the are investing. When you are looking at a dividend stock some big companies come to mind such as General Electric, Intel and Walmart. There are so many options, but, I like to buy companies that have growth potential as well as a dividend. This help you out in both methods of investing.

I like to re-invest my dividends do the next time I receive them they are bigger and better. It is all about making money in the stock market and doing your homework is a great way to buy the right stocks. Try to stay away from "Hot stock tips" you get from your neighbor. You need well researched stocks that are strong enough to keep your money with you and not with someone else.

Sometimes I buy exchange traded funds just because they have a nice group of interesting stocks and you can buy them just like an individual company. I am not a home run hitter I buy stocks that will probably only make me between 3% and 5% but once in a while I will invest in something like AGNC which has been a great REIT and helped make many people money.

I buy very few stocks that don't payout a dividend but some of the ones I have invested in over the past year are Ford and 3d printing corp. or symbol DDD. While Ford has not done well I do not regret buying it and 3d Printing corp has done excellent. I should say that Ford has a small dividend payout that they have recently paid but when I started buying it they weren't paying.

Recently Apple started paying out a dividend. Although it is a small dividend in terms of dividend yield it is still nice to be getting a dividend payment from such a great company. If you want to know how to use a stock screener I will post a video on the bottom of this and show you how easy it is to use. When looking into dividend stocks you need to find the one that fits your investing style best.

Dividend stocks are a great investment if you buy them and hold onto them. Making the right choices can really help out your situation in the long term and while investing can be risky you can reduce your risk with the right choices. Remember! Anything stated on this website is a personal opinion and any stocks mentioned  are just stocks I personally like. We are not here to tell you what to buy or what not to buy just sharing out opinions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    This article is quite informative. In-depth analysis of dividend stocks are necessary for dividend investment.


    best dividend stocks Singapore

    ReplyDelete